** Call for submissions **
Deadline: April 1th, 2019
Honor your postpartum body with a love letter. Share your struggles, faith, doubts, fears, shame, anger, passion and love in a zine, together with other mothers. Our stories make us stronger & healthier in loving ourselves and our postpartum bodies!
We are looking for love letters from mothers…
- who gave birth to one or more children (also still born or deceased); whether you had/have a baby, teenager or adult children
- who are married, single, LGBTQA+ and other family situations
- of any race, religion and class
- from over the world
- who want to share their story within a love letter
- love to be creative, you don’t have to be an professional artist to submit work!
Your love letter can be in any 2D artistic discipline: writing, poetry, drawing, painting, textile, photography, collage or mixed media.
Your love letter is going to be published online. We will publish all the love letters online, so to spread the love!
Crowdfunding for printed zine
We also want to create a beautiful printed zine with a selection of the love letters. Help us realize this dream by telling your family, friends and your network about our crowdfunding or donate yourself! And when your love letter is selected for the printed zine, you will receive a copy for free! You can pick it up during our exhibition or we will be happy to send it to you
Love letter in exhibition
The zine is connected to our group exhibition ‘Dear memory of my body’ this spring in Utrecht, The Netherlands. A selection of the love letters are also going to be included in this exhibition, how awesome is that!
Love letter guidelines
- Your love letter can be focused to your whole postpartum body or a specific part of it
- Your can send in new work or work that has been published before. Be sure you have permission to do send in this already published work
- You are the rightful owner and therefore original creator of the love letter you submit
- Any form of violence as racism, discrimination, hate speech and so on, is excluded from publication. As the editors we retain the right to decide to excluding a love letter. The zine is based on inclusion and intersectionality so to create a safe space where we can share our stories
Writing and poetry
- Any language is possible! Please send your letter together with a translation in English because the basic content of the zine like title and information is in English.
- Feminist erotic language is welcome, but no mainstream porn or explicit work.
- Maximum length of your letter is one (1) A4-page.
- You can submit your text within your email or in an attachment (Word, Pages or PDF
- Feminist nudity and erotic visuals within your visual letter are welcome, but no mainstream porn or explicit work.
- Size of artwork is A4-paperformat.
- Page orientation is portrait.
- Please send us a high resolution scan in .tiff or .jpg (300 dpi or more). With this resolution we can print your letter, if selected, in high quality within the paper zine.
- You can send in one (1) love letter
- Send in your name, where you live and -if you have one- your Insta-account
- An anonymus love letter is possible, let us know when you send in your submission
- When you submit, you automatically give us permission to publish your (anonymus) love letter online, in the paper zine and/or on the exhibition
- You maintain all (copy) rights of your love letter
- Deadline: April 1th 2019
- Send your love letter to Isabelle Zumbrink (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through Wetransfer.com when necessary.
Please, don’t let these guidelines make you feel discouraged. We do this to make sure we all know know what to expect, wish for and create a safe space.
We are looking forward to your love letter!
With love from Eef, Severin, Hester & Isabelle